Wartime Farm Sleeveless Pullover: progress report

Can you tell what it is yet? Yes, my Wartime Farm Sleeveless Pullover is finally go, go, go! (To be said in the voice of Murray Walker.) Mr Robot’s workmates found out about it and have been teasing him - but he will have the last laugh when they see how dashing he looks in it.

Note to self: the office floor is no place to shoot knitwear!

I’m really pleased with how the textures of the King Cole Merino Blend 4ply and the Excelana 4ply match up. The Excelana’s a little more loosely plied and has slightly more of a halo, but both are pure wools and knit together really well. There’s a negligible difference in thickness and feel when knitted. I really love the sage green and pale grey shades in the King Cole, and keep thinking I ought to knit myself something in those.

I started out twisting the yarns every stitch, but that takes too long so I now twist only when knitting the second consecutive stitch in a colour. It's made things faster. I've got a bit of a deadline on it as I'd like to share the finished garment in my next column for Simply Knitting, so I've been knitting everywhere. I knit in the car on the way to work, I knit every evening, I knitted in pubs in Cardiff last weekend (for the first pint, at least)... It's getting there. I aim to be working past the armholes this weekend, and finish the whole thing over the bank holiday. Mr Robot is considering wearing it to Steamcheese.

Comments

  1. The pullover is looking really good, especially with those mix of colours. Good luck with the knitting deadline and I hope we get to see Mr Robot modelling the finished garment at Steamcheese.

    P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog, and would love to arrange a meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always in awe of people who can knit, as even a glance at a pattern gives me the shivers! It's looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please could you explain what you mean by "twisting the yarns every stitch, but that takes too long so I now twist only when knitting the second consecutive stitch in a colour"?

    I do knit, but not Fair Isle so I assume it's something you have to do then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the deadline! It is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts