I've been tagged

Perdita of Perdita's Pursuits has tagged me in a blogger tagging game. The rules:

First, you paste in these instructions:
1) You must post 11 random things about yourself;
2) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post;
3) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer;
4) Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them;
5) No stuff about 'you're tagged if you're reading this' - legitimately tag people.

So, here goes. First, 11 random things about me...
1 I designed a pair of socks that got me into the Test Match Special commentary box in Barbados.
2 One of my ancestresses scandalised Georgian Calcutta, to the point where they had to end the subscription dances for a year after she turned up and there was a massive furore. Jane Austen never wrote anything so racy.
3 I went to Communist Youth Camp in Russia.
4 I have mild prosopagnosia. (‘Functional but impaired’ apparently.)
5 I have a talent for finding really good bars and pubs. Or possibly it’s wisdom born of experience...
6 My three favourite books are The Great Gatsby, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Anno Dracula. (When’s the film version of the third one coming out, eh? ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME, HOLLYWOOD?)
7 Part of an interview I did with Ingrid Murnane made it into Pseuds’ Corner in Private Eye.
8 My favourite perfume is Guerlain Mitsouko.
9 The songs I have picked for my funeral are 'Jollity Farm' (Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band), 'On the Sunny Side of the Street' (Ella Fitzgerald) and 'Get Off Of My Cloud' (The Rolling Stones).
10 I love cats.
11 I have never used a PC. Mac all the way, all my life!

Now I shall answer Perdita's questions:
1) What is your favourite flavour of crisps?
Bacon, especially Frazzles.

2) What is the funniest photo of you that you still own?
I don’t tend to keep photos of myself, and avoid having them taken, so there aren’t many funny ones. My mum has one with me with an enormous, highlighted perm. (It was the 80s! We did things like that then.)

3) What would your dream home be?
Huge. With four guest bedrooms decorated in Harry Potter house colours, so I could put people in Slytherin, Gryffindor or whatever. (Yes, I am that sad!) It also has to have a library, and window seats for the herd of cats I will acquire. And a central tiled courtyard with orange trees and a fountain in the southern Spanish style.

4) What are you great at?
Worrying!

5) Who (fictional character) would you go to the pub with? (Extension: pint or bender? Why?)
Philip Marlowe. Full-on session. He’d drink scotch, I’d drink bitter. And he’d probably abandon me for a dame later in the evening.

6) Which takeaway is best?
When you can get proper Italian-style pizza, pizza. However, really good pizza is very difficult to find, so usually Chinese.

7) Explain your plan for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Kill self. Join winning team.

8) Which terrible, terrible fashion do you secretly kind of hanker after?
Stevie Nicks hanky-hem skirts.

9) Tell me your motto.
Just keep going.

10) Who is your favourite villain?
Blofeld. Not only was his name inspired by the Blofeld family, including the great Henry ‘Blowers’ Blofeld himself, he has good taste in pets, and a seemingly inexhaustible supply of villainous lairs in appealing locations.

11) Describe your favourite pair of shoes.
Probably my Hotter Charlestons - they’re nothing fancy, just black with a little Louis heel and a strap, but they’re very 20s-looking and comfy enough for me to walk for miles.

And now 11 questions for my taggees:
1) Train or bus?
2) What's your favourite animal?
3) What was the last film you watched?
4) Can you do any dances? Name them!
5) You can only wear three colours for the rest of your life. What do you choose?
6) What was the worst job you've ever had?
7) What was your favourite TV programme as a child?
8) What's your favourite cocktail?
9) Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart? (I can never decide!)
10) Favourite Doctor? (Doctor Who)
11) Do androids dream of electric sheep?

And now I am going to tag...

Comments

  1. Oh yes, frazzles.

    I like your finding pubs talent, too. Extremely useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frazzles are good but I also enjoy Smiths' Bacon Flavour Fries.

    Which issue of PE?!
    Laughed at the zombie answer. Never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kai, I can't remember. Pete has a subscription. It was really weird thinking that someone who reads SK also reads Private Eye.

    I don't think I'm fast or determined enough to survive any sort of violent apolcalypse, although I CAN make clothes /textiles and grow food, so I'd be marginally useful in a post-apocalyptic society...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts