Crinoline Robot's vintage week

I haven't done one of these for a while, but as the blog has been a bit empty I thought I'd witter on about other stuff I've been up to. It's not that I haven't been doing stuff, but nothing's been finished enough to blog about it. Knitting the 'Jersey with a Soft Bow' continues, and I've started knitting a lovely thing for the vintage/kitsch knitting swap I'm doing. I can't say too much about that here in case the person I'm sending to finds and reads my blog, but it's in a gorgeously soft yarn, Rowan Cashsoft 4ply. Only the best for my swap partners! Knitting is hampering my reading; I'm ploughing through a giant, highly enjoyable, collection of stories from Black Mask, the pulp crime magazine, but it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I've finished it, especially as I have review reading to do too.

My new year's resolution, to buy more buttons, looked like falling by the wayside, so I've bucked up and ordered some vintage glass buttons from Etsy. Despite my impulse to buy ALL the things, I bought a set in black for when I knit the 'Kasha' cardigan from A Stitch in Time Volume 2. Resolution stuck to!

And this Friday I'm off to see the DS Big Band at the Arc Theatre, which is closing its doors to the public after that event. January seems to be the month when things I love close down; last year it was Duck, Son & Pinker (best music shop ever) that closed its doors. But I shall try not to be sad, as an evening of swing is supposed to be fun. I haven't a clue what I'll wear, possibly my turquoise dress or perhaps my Heyday Fleur.

Comments

Popular Posts